RN to BSN EARN Links
This course focuses on the knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities for transformation to the professional nurse role.
Below are some books on professional nursing/professional nurse role. These books can be found in the AUM Library collection. Undergraduate students can check out up to 50 books at one time and have them checked out for 28 days.
1. Discuss professionalism within the context of nursing history, roles, values, philosophies, and education.
2. Analyze critical professional concepts/frameworks within the context of professional development.
3. Assess current professional competencies and behaviors to determine areas of strength and improvement for future growth.
4. Demonstrate consistent self-reflection, critical self-reflection, and critical dialogue techniques.
5. Develop a plan for successful transformation to the role of the professional nurse.
6. Collaborate, communicate, and cooperate effectively with health care team members, patients, and patients' support networks to implement patient-centered care including appropriate teaching for developmental stage, age, Culture, and health literacy to ensure high quality outcomes.
7. Practice within legal/ethical frameworks.
8. Synthesize current healthcare issues/challenges and the impact on nursing in diverse practice settings.
9. Appreciate the role of professional nursing organizations/associations.