Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
NURS 4311: Leadership Immersion
The Leadership Immersion experience integrates knowledge, skills, and competencies for the practice of professional nursing.
Students who successfully complete this course should be able to do the following:
- Propose strategies to enhance the development of self as a leader.
- Compare and contrast how culture, climate, mission, and philosophy of organization systems impact the nursing leadership role.
- Examine the role of the nurse leader in planning, implementing, and evaluating Total Quality Improvement projects.
- Articulate leadership competencies necessary for identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating change needed to transform complex healthcare systems.
- Discuss political, cultural, legal, and ethical issues facing nurse leaders within current healthcare systems.
- Participate in an interprofessional team discussion/planning session related to patient care issues.
- Working with health care providers in a health care setting, identify gaps in care and implement a quality improvement strategy or,
- Collaborate with nursing staff to implement a new procedure or nursing practice that is evidence-based.
- You will need to know how to use Microsoft Word © processing program, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and how to send email and attachments - If you need assistance with any of these skills, please contact Ms. Hayes
- You will need a pc or laptop that has Windows 8/Mac OS 10.12 (or higher) and a stable connection to the Internet - preferably a high-speed WiFI connection. Be aware that Chromebooks cannot support Blackboard or other AUM applications.
- You will need to download the Microsoft Office Suite from Microsoft 365.You will use your MyAUM credentials to access this download.
Ms. Hayes can help you with technology issues but you can also contact the ITS Help Desk, which is located on the 2nd Floor of the Library. You can also call 334-244-3500, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Online Help Desk.
Course Assignment Support
Read, Reflect, Respond - Virtual Discussion Postings
For each assignment, you will search the AUM Library for one peer-reviewed scholarly article published within the last five years related to the discussion topic.
You can use the resources recommended under the Library Resources tab. For more information about what is a peer-reviewed article, check out the "What is peer-review" under the Nursing Research tab.
If you need assistance with finding these peer-reviewed scholarly articles, please contact Ms. Hayes!