Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
NURS 4160: Health Policy and Ethics for the Professional Nurse
This course discusses the roles, influences, and ethics of healthcare providers, consumers,
the government, and the law. It also examines policy decisions and related issues that impact the
delivery of safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable care.
Students who successfully complete this course should be able to do the following:
- Discuss theories of the health care policy decision-making process.
- Apply expertise and areas of influence for nursing in the decision-making process.
- Analyze policy decisions and possible impact on the delivery of safe, effective, patient-centered,
timely, efficient care.
- Analyze and utilize critical professional concepts/frameworks for ethical decision-making.
- Apply ethical reasoning and professional values in nursing practice and health care.
- You will need to know how to use Microsoft Word © processing program, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and how to send email and attachments - If you need assistance with any of these skills, please contact Ms. Hayes
- You will need a pc or laptop that has Windows 8/Mac OS 10.12 (or higher) and a stable connection to the Internet - preferably a high-speed WiFI connection. Be aware that Chromebooks cannot support Blackboard or other AUM applications.
- You will need to download the Microsoft Office Suite from Microsoft 365.You will use your MyAUM credentials to access this download.
- Students should check COURSE MESSAGES for this course at least once a day.
Ms. Hayes can help you with technology issues but you can also contact the ITS Help Desk, which is located on the 2nd Floor of the Library. You can also call 334-244-3500, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Online Help Desk.
AUM Library Instruction Session - NURS 4160
In September 2022, Ms. Hayes presented and recorded a virtual library instruction session for NURS 4160 students. This is a long video but goes over in great detail how to use the AUM Library to complete your advocacy paper assignment.